When meeting someone for the first time, what feature do you remember and notice the most? If you said teeth, you're not alone! Nearly one-third (29%) of Americans say the first aspect of someone's face they typically notice is his or her teeth, and 24% say this is also the facial feature that they remember the most after meeting someone! Want to be remembered by having pearly whites? Here is everything you need to know about what causes tooth discoloration and tips on how to get the WHITEST teeth!
What causes tooth discoloration?
Tooth discoloration can be seen in many different forms. Your teeth might not look as bright or as white as they typically do. Your teeth may darken or look like different colors. You may develop white or black spots on your teeth. Overall, there are three generic reasons why you may notice tooth discoloration:
1) extrinsic - something from the outside is making contact with your teeth causing them to be discolored
2) intrinsic - something occurring inside of your body is causing them to be discolored
3) age - you're simply getting older
Regardless of why you are experiencing tooth discoloration, here are some tips to improving your smile!
5 tips on how to have the whitest teeth!
1) Change some simply lifestyle habits! This tip is most likely the solution to your problem!!!!!!! Become accountable for actions you know may be impacting your teeth. Do you drink too much caffeine? What about soda or other dark, carbonated drinks? How about wine? What about smoking? While changing some of these lifestyle habits may be easier said than done, noticing their negative impacts on not only your body but also your teeth may be incentive to find a healthier alternative!
Moreover, there are foods you can incorporate in your diet that are considered natural teeth whitening foods! Crunchy fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, and celery are a great place to start!
2) Use whitening toothpaste! Using whitening toothpaste may not be something you want to do daily, however, doing it routinely can keep your teeth whiter and get rid of discoloration. Novashine Teeth Whitening Toothpaste is a great whitening toothpaste with active ingredients that are capable of removing stains!
3) Use mouthwash! Mouthwash is not only known for freshening up your breath, but it is also known for killing bacteria that may be lingering inside! In combination, this can improve your teeth appearance! Novashine Mouthwash is not only a healthy option, it also has a great taste!
4) Professional teeth whitening is a great option for those with severely discolored teeth. This typically involved bleaching your teeth. However, this is not always a convenient option for people due to the cost and potential struggles of not being able to fit in a dentist appointment in your busy schedule! A great alternative is finding a teeth whitening kit you can use in the comfort of your own home!
5) Practice good dental hygiene! According to dentists, this typically looks like brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing daily. While a normal toothbrush will do the trick, it can be recommended to get an electric toothbrush to ensure your teeth get the attention they deserve!
It is easy to get caught up in wanting results quickly! However, it is important to remember that great things come with time! Once you start incorporating the tips laid out above, you are bound to be on your way to having your brightest smile yet! :)